Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: mother of all white elephant sales

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Cherry_pez's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2000
    Posts
    2,194
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    that must have been pretty rank then because your dogs breath smells like shit!

    But I bet you had a blast anyway...I love doing those things...when I have money

  2. #2
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I found out why bilo has such bad breath that smells like shit..I saw him in the field snacking on deer droppings....

  3. #3
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yancey county humane society has an annual W.E.S. every September...this year was awesome...I was there at the crack of dawn..#7 in the door...I bought limoges platters, bowls and other pieces for 2.00 to 4.00 each...beautiful antiques...and a beautiful bisque music box with blue jays on it...only 2.00...some lovely antique dresser scarves for 1.50 each..I got some stuff for Robin and Woo...makes nice Christmas gifts...I didn't have time because the place was so crowded to see everything...but there is a lot of furniture and appliances and tools as well as household stuff....How fun was that...some old guy hit on me...nice but his breath was worse than Bilos. argghhh

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    2,892
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know I'm asking the same question every time, (it starts with "what the heck is a...") but in 28 years of TV and 5 years of American Studies, not to mention almost a decade of banter at these here boards, I've never come across this one before.

    White Elephant Sale?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Cherry_pez's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2000
    Posts
    2,194
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It is when the rednecks take their wives out and try to either swap'em or sell'em. Sometimes, if a man is lucky, he might find him a skinny'un.

    See what I mean Vern?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hahahahahahha....good answer but we don't want to confuse the neth..a white elephant sale is a massive rummage sale...

  7. #7
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    And here I thought it's where I could go and buy a white elephant [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    2,892
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, that's what I figured. How disappointing. I always wanted an elephant.

    Like in that Simpsons episode. Where Bart's elephant Stampy goes on a rampage through Springfield and the foreman of a peanut factory sees the elephant approaching, bolts the doors shut, turns to his co-workers and says, "this is the moment, people! Now I know many of you thought it would never happen. Yet I insisted that we spend half an hour every morning training for it. Some of you thought I was mad, and others even transferred to another peanut factory. But now is the time--" and he gets trampled by the elephant bursting in.

    That scene gets me roaring with laughter every time I see it.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think I ever watched the Simpsons..however that episode sounds pretty funny...

  10. #10
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    fine..I'll watch it..when is it on..what channel??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •